Thursday, December 1, 2011

Living with 7 Indoor Pets Is A Part of Home in Central Oregon

Camp Sherman, December 2011.

Whereas in Fiji it is uncommon for a pet to be allowed in the house, in America it seems much the opposite.  I guess it makes sense though, especially during the wintertime in Oregon when it is freezing outside.  The pets I met in Central Oregon made really great companions, especially on a cold day.  
This post is dedicated to my sister, Lani, who loves animals. 

At home in Camp Sherman, we have seven pets!  I had to count... The seven include the dog Tess, the dog Jake, the cat Milo, the cat Sheba, the cat Wally, the parrot Kabo-babo and the frog (in a tank) whose name I am not completely sure of.  (I really hope I did not leave anyone out?!?)
Anyway, the family loves their animals, and I actually like them pretty well myself!  I am not favouring any in particular, but Jake the Pomeranian is really cuddly and Sheba, being as fat as she is, is so cute!

Tess, a good and faithful dog

Chris with Tess at the top of Black Butte.  Tess mus be tired here, because she pulled me up half way! This dog gives unconditional love
Playing with a stuffed animal on Christmas day

Sitting by the window waiting to see squirrels, which she barks crazily at when she does
   
Jake, the newest member of the family (he was adopted in November 2011)

Jake gets to go on a lot of car rides

This is really cute - he and Sheba share a spot on the couch

Jake and Sheba

cuddles! hehe

Jake with a red ribbon tied onto his tail at Christmastime.  It was so funny to see him walk with the ribbon on!

Milo, good kitty

Milo is about 16 years old !

Such a beautiful cat; he is part Siamese.  If I ever get a cat, I want it to look like Milo.

Me, sitting on my favourite chair, with Milo perched on top.

Sheba, the diva cat!

Not trying to be rude, but Sheba is the fattest cat I have ever met!  Look how wide she is; my hand is not able to grasp her around the waist, and when she walks, her tummy sways.  Haha...  I love it!

Sheba will not give up couch space to any human, but she is really cuddly.  She especially loves Chris' lap, but unfortunately, she didn't really like mine :(



Wally, pretty and shy :)
Crystal with Wally!

This is Wally, one of the three resident cats.  Sweet cat; not too outgoing.

I did not realise, when I was in Oregon, that I would make a blog about the pets at home, so I have not taken any photos of Kabo-babo (parrot) or the frog.  Maybe next time?  But if you really want to see Kabo, you can spot her in her cage in the background of some of my Thanksgiving pictures.
  
Oh, I almost forgot... there are actually MORE 'pets' belonging to the family!!... They are a couple of handsome horses called Raven and Dan.  Aunt Heidi has an arrangement where by the horses live in stables elsewhere, so I only visited them a couple times.  Here are some photos of me with Raven:

Feeding him apples, and being a little concerned that my fingers would get bitten off at the same time... All went well, the horse ate and I still have my fingers.

Petting Raven

Raven
 Keeping animals is a lot of work but they can be so loving at times.  Although I've never really desired to own a pet, I may slowly be changing my mind...  :)

 



1 comment:

  1. A great introduction to the rest of the household at Heidi's place! Lomani, of course, especially LOVED reading this one!

    ReplyDelete