Saturday, July 23, 2011

Working in America: A different experience (May - July '11)

While in Florida I was fortunate enough to hold two part-time jobs.  The first was with Vector Marketing selling a product called CUTCO.  The other was at Macy's where I worked as a Sales Associate.  Both were a great and unforgettable learning experience for me.

I don't have any photos from Macy's, but I do have a few with my CUTCO workmates/ friends.  My fellow sales reps at CUTCO were mostly young (in college or out of high school) because of the nature of the independent selling we did. Although it was a very challenging job, it was the perfect place to meet and make friends.  

We did a LOT of team building exercises - this was on an army/ combat themed night!

The team in Fort Lauderdale for the Summer Conference One (SC1), June '11. 

L - R: Lena, Samantha, Krystal and I.  This was after a fun evening getting our make-up done with a lady, Angie, whom I had befriended on a CUTCO appointment and who sells Arbonne make-up products.
Having dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings... that was a funny night - one of our team members attempted to eat the spiciest wings as a bet from the waitress, but couldn't do it!

This is my friend Whitney -she's an amazing singer and has two gorgeous sons (driving the shopping cart).  She had invited me to her church service one Sunday; this photo was taken at Winn-Dixie after church

No comments:

Post a Comment