Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's Snowing!!!

Here are some pictures of the first big snowfall of the year here in Camp Sherman, Oregon.

It snowed the week before Thanksgiving. I was very excited as I hadn't seen snow for quite a few years.  When I woke up that morning I immediately opened the blinds to see if the weather predictions were right.  And they were - it was white all around. I then ran to the living room to see the rest of the yard through the windows.  I love a white winter!...The following photos were taken on Saturday, November 19th.

Front of house BEFORE snowfall

AFTER: Front of house with snow!


I love the snow on the branches

Our firewood for the winter

The truck, snowed under

 Snow Angel!






Leilani, my (second) cousin & Jake her dog.  We took a walk into the woods behind their home to enjoy the snow.

Duck in the pond.... don't worry, it's a fake

The creek was icy

I'm actually a Fijian.

Lani, Jake and I.  The snow was perfect for forming snowballs (notice one on top of Lani's head?) 

Although the weather is freezing, I do enjoy a winter wonderland!  Unfortunately for us here in Camp Sherman, the snow didn't last.  By Thanksgiving Day, it had completely melted away.

No comments:

Post a Comment