Saturday, November 5, 2011

Family Time in Minnesota


 At Home with Karl and Cindy

They were wonderful hosts and I can't thank them enough :)  Karl and Cindy have twins who are the same age as I am, so they were almost like parents to me while I was in Minnesota.

Our one boating excursion on Lake Byllesby
In front of the little cliffs by the Lake's edge

Using this cool apple peeler! :)

At The Minnesota Orchestra - twas fantastic!

Dinner time
Cindy :)

Karl, my first-cousin once removed by a generation :)


On my last night in Minnesota, Cindy and I had dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant at the Mall of America. 
While I was in MN I watched Forrest Gump for the first time, so it was really cool to go to the restaurant.   The sign 'Stop Forrest Stop' above is used to stop a waitress.

yum!


Uncle Bob

Grandpa or Uncle Bob is 90 years old this year, but he still has a lot of stories to tell that will leave you laughing and amazed.  He is Karl's father and my Grandma's brother-in-law (so technically we are not blood related).    Here is a real short synopsis of his life:  He didn't do high school but is a medical doctor and was a well established family doctor in Cannon Falls for many years, he has a large collection of artifacts and studies cosmology as a hobby!...  Uncle Bob is dear to my family and I was glad to have had the opportunity to spend time with him this past Fall. 

With Uncle Bob at his home
 The next few photos are hilarious.  UB knew I needed to find some clothing for the winter so, with a big grin, he brought out long-johns for me to have!  It was a joke of course...
"Perfect for the cold weather"

It even has a back flap so that you actually don't have to take it off! LOL

Ummm... thanks, but no thanks!

The Rohlfs

Joan and Bob Rohlf are cindy's parents.  They are the sweetest people and I really enjoyed getting to know them the few times we all got together.  Futhermore, it was a pleasure to get to know Cathy, Cindy's sister, as well as a lot more of the family when they had a little family reunion.
Family reunion at home in Cannon Falls sometime in mid-October.
Joan and Bob - Here we are dining at Mancinni's Restaurant in St. Paul to celebrate Joan's Bday
From the Restaurant we headed to the Bar area to listen to live music

The Mancinni's bar is known as an older people's pick-up bar and it was funny to see all these middle aged and much older people dancing and trying their luck!

With Joan and Cathy :)

With Karl and Cindy

Cathy: a lot of fun and incredibly kind.
On my last week in Minnesota I showed photos of Fiji to Bob and Joan

Showing Fiji


No comments:

Post a Comment