Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Weekend, 2011 - Independence Day in the USA

Saturday, July 2nd - Friends over for dinner

Making food using a ... CUTCO knife ;)



JP and Juan


Uncle Danny cutting up the BBQ ribs (yum)... Note: we had a few more people over for dinner that night but they are missing from this shot.



 Sunday, July 3rd - Watching Offshore Racing (Speed Boat Races)

The boats were so loud they're comparable to aeroplanes noise

Boats way faster than helicopters


Monday, July 4th - Selby Gardens/ Fireworks

I had to work at Macy's on the 4th, but before I went to work, my Uncle and I visited the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.  Not only is it a beautiful place, but it is special to me because it is where my late grandfather, Hans Wiehler, worked as a botanist for many years.



In the evening, after having burgers and hot dogs (typical July 4th food) at home, we walked to Marina Jacks to watch the fireworks!





No comments:

Post a Comment